This post is a step by step guide to making your profile invisible to search engines i.e. to hide Facebook profile from search engines. As we all know Facebook is the most famous and the best social networking site throughout the world. It has become the best place to make profiles, promote products, services and making friends. By default one’s Facebook profile may be visible in Search Engines such as Google, Bing etc and anybody can reach to your Facebook profile through search engines.
But due to privacy reasons or some other reasons, some users don’t want their Facebook profiles to be visible in Search Engines. This post is a step by step guide to making your profile invisible to search engines. Below are the steps to hide Facebook Profile from search engines.
Steps to Hide Facebook profile from search engines
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the Menu button at the top right of your Facebook account’s window (next to home) and select Privacy Settings Option.
- Now scroll to Apps and Websites and click on Edit settings.
- Now the page will reload and with many options. Here click on Edit Settings button in front of Public Search option.
- Now thew page will again reload and you will see the page as shown below. Here uncheck the button in front of ” Enable Public Search “. It will ask for confirmation click on Confirm.
That’s it you are done. Now you have hidden your Facebook Profile from search engines and your Facebook profile will not be visible in search engines.
If you are facing any problems in implementing above steps or if you have any queries then do comment. I will try to answer your questions and queries as soon as possible. Happy Browsing….:)