Send free sms from Gmail. There are lots of websites available on the internet like way2sms, 160by2,anonymous sms sites and many more through which you can send free SMS. Now Google has also launched a new service to Send Free SMS from Gmail account. This service is currently not available in India as well as some other countries.
SMS will be sent from your Gmail Chat itself. You just have to enter the mobile number of your friend to send free SMS. If your friend replies back to your message then he has to pay normal SMS charges and the message will be received in your chat . This service limits your SMS length to maximum of 50 characters and you can send only 50 SMS from your account in a day. But the amazing thing of this service is, if your friend reply back to your message then you will get 5 extra SMS but this cannot exceed 50.
How To Enable Free SMS in Gmail
- In your Gmail account, click on the Settings button and go to Labs tab.
- Scroll down until you find Text Messaging (SMS) in chat and click on Enable.
- Also Enable the SMS in Chat Gadget and click on Save Changes button.
- Now you will see Send SMS box in the left sidebar.
How To send free sms from Gmail
- In the Send SMS box enter the mobile number at which you want to send SMS.
- Now a dialog box will be open, in this box give the Name and Country of the SMS recipient and click on Save button.
- Type your Message in the chat window and hit Enter. Your message will be delivered in few seconds.
Click Here to check the list of supported countries.
All your sent and received messages will be stored in chat history just like normal chats. You can delete all your conversations anytime.
So enjoy and send free sms from Gmail to your friends and family……