One fine morning I woke up to find that my laptop was connected to Wi-Fi but internet wasn’t working on it. To verify if it was an issue with the laptop or the wi-fi router itself I tried using Internet on my mobile and it was working fine on mobile.
Thus, I knew that the issue was with the laptop itself and not the router/modem.
Also Read: Speed up Internet connection in Windows
Solutions I tried that didn’t work for me but may work for you!
- I tried restarting the modem/router as well as the laptop but all in vain.
- I even tried changing the DNS to Google Public DNS but that didn’t work either. You can try so by following the tutorial here: Switching to Google Public DNS
- I also tried the famous ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /release method. But this even didn’t work.
- Changing the power options of the laptop or PC to “High Performance” or “Balanced Power. The main thing is toggling between different power options and then see if it works or not. If it doesn’t then set it back to default and then move to the next solution.
Working Solution to Internet not working!
Now I went on to Google searching for a solution and one of the solutions that I tried and that worked for me is this.
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type the command netsh winsock reset and press enter. Check below screenshot
- Now it asks to restart laptop/PC for changes to take place.
After restarting to my surprise everything was working fine and I was able to access the Internet on my laptop again.
I hope this solution helps you and this should work in most of the cases if the earlier mentioned 4 solutions didn’t work.
Let me know through comments if this helped you or if it didn’t. Also, let me know of any other solutions that may work that you know.
To ask something else not related to this article contact here: Ask Ashwani